Soba Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 servings soba noodles you can also use whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 bunch (about 8 leaves) swiss chard, trimmed and washed you can also use a head of bok choy
- 2 small carrots, shredded, for garnish
- 4 spring onion, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 4 hard boiled eggs, halved
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Chicken Chashu
- Heat olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and ginger; continue to cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add soy sauce and stir; cook for 3 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Stir in vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and greens; cook until the noodles are tender, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle into soup bowls.
- Garnish with shredded carrots, scallions, hard boiled eggs, and toasted sesame seeds.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins