Marry Me Chicken
Original Recipe Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (200g) jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (rosemary, thyme, oregano, etc.)
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- Cooked pasta or mashed potatoes, for serving (optional)
- Pat the chicken dry. Season all over with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Once the oil is glistening, add the chicken and cook about 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the same skillet and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in heavy cream, chicken stock, chicken stock powder, ¼ cup of the parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, pepper, ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, and remaining salt until fully combined.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Bring the sauce to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium low. Cook until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 5 minutes more.
- Top chicken with basil, remaining Parmesan cheese, and remaining red pepper flakes and serve over pasta or mashed potatoes, if desired.
- I haven't actually made this yet
- Serve over mashed potatos, cauliflower rice, rice, garlic noodles, zucchini noodles etc