Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
Serves 8 people
- 1.5 litres milk, (full cream or 2%)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 170 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 (40 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100 g) white granulated sugar
- pinch of coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup marshmallows (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients into a 6-quart slow cooker bowl.
- Whisk vigorously until cocoa powder has dissolved and ingredients are well combined (about 5 minutes).
- Cook for 2-3 hours on low setting while whisking occasionally to prevent the chocolate from burning on the bottom.
- When hot chocolate is ready, add marshmallows into the hot chocolate and let melt little before serving.
Additional toppings: finely chopped (or flaked) chocolate), chocolate fudge sauce, chocolate chips, smashed candy canes.