Difficulty: Very easy
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Serving: 4 people
- Chicken breast 1 lb (700 g)
- 1 Leek (100 g)
- Cashews 1 cup (100 g)
- Garlic 1 clove
- Ginger 1 tbsp (10 g)
- Rice flour ⅔ cup (80 g)
- Extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp (10 g)
- Water 4 tbsp (60 g)
- Soy sauce 3 tbsp (50 g)
- Fine salt to taste
- Toast the cashews in a pan on high heat, then set the cashews aside.
- Rinse the leek then slice thinly, then set aside.
- Finely chop the garlic and ginger, then set aside.
- Cut the chicken into cubes, mix with the rice flour in a bowl, then shake out the excess flour.
- Heat olive oil on a low temp, add the garlic and ginger, then the chicken.
- Brown the chicken for a few minutes then add the soy sauce, the leek, and the water.
- Simmer until the water has reduced and the leek is soft—about 10 minutes.
- Add the cashews and salt to taste (keep in mind the soy sauce is salty!)
- Serve hot!
- Does not freeze well
- Last in the fridge for a few days
- It tastes good but isn't much to look at